Friday, February 6, 2015

First day home

As I said, I was home by 2pm. I had to use the bathroom so I went right in there and noticed that it was really cold in the house. Turns out the heat wasn't on. If you know upstate, NY, you know you need heat in February. Paul tried everything. Luckily we know a friend who owns a local heating/cooling place so Paul spoke with him on the phone and he sent a guy out. He got the heat working eventually. But it made for a rough time for me. I was so tired from the whole experience but I can't sleep when I am freezing so I just made do. I went up to bed early that night and slept well, without hard rocks inside. I took pain meds last at 12:30am and felt fine when I woke up at 6am to make sure the girls were up for school. I decided to take ibuprofen instead of the prescription and that worked fine. My breasts were a little sore when I moved around but I felt really good. Everyone left for the day and the hospital called to check on me. They reminded me, as did all of my wonderful friends, that even though I felt good, that I need to rest and not do anything so I can heal. So, I did exactly that. I watch a lot of the tv shows that I had recorded. One of my dear friends brought over a huge lasagna with all the sides for dinner and that was delicious. I went up to bed and watched more TV and didn't take any pain meds. It's now day 2 at home and I just woke up for the day. No need for pain meds. Today I can take the bandages off and shower. I am really nervous about it. I can feel that they are soft and that makes me happy. But what if they are too small? That is my biggest fear right now. I will let you know what happens. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment