Thursday, December 4, 2014

Home from the hospital

Well, it was great to get home.  I was sore and tired and it was hard to get comfortable. I had no problem just laying around the whole day.  Sleep was something I wasn't looking forward to because I couldn't imagine how I would get comfortable.  My husband is the best and he slept downstairs so I could just use all the pillows to pretty much sit up and sleep. He brought up the zero gravity chair from the outside deck and put soft blankets and pillows on it.  We set up a snack table and I was all set.  It's definitely something I didn't plan to deal with, so I would recommend looking into comfortable ways to sleep if you have a mastectomy.  I learned after the fact that they sell sleeping pillows and things, which I would have bought if I had known.  

They sent me home with a lot of pain meds, but I found I didn't really need them after the first couple of days.  I just took ibuprofen when I went to bed for a while. 

It actually wasn't really so bad as long as I rested.  That's hard for me.  But it was also hard to just get up and move too much, so I watched a lot of Netflix and played online alot.  I would suggest making sure you have things to do.  If you like to read, make sure you have a lot of books.  If you like to watch TV and movies, have everything handy.

Days when I tried to do too much definitely made me tired and the next day I couldn't do a whole lot at all.  So, my suggestion is to rest rest rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment